Water Resources Management is one of the major fields in which, Yekom is providing services since 1973. Yekom performs Water Resources Management services to achieve sustainable development, increasing efficiency of water management, and conservation and enrichment of natural environment using integrated and systematic approaches. To achieve an appropriate planning, we use various numerical and stochastic modeling, which ensures sound and reliable solutions by using sensitivity analysis.
Yekom has accomplished numerous important water resources management and development projects and master plan studies in some national and international watersheds. The aim of these projects is mainly water allocation and transmission to all demanding sectors, considering inter-sectoral coordination as well as long-term policy makings using new water resources management tools.
Regarding Water Resources Quality Management, Yekom is capable and matured to perform water resources quality planning, using field and laboratory measurements to identify the pollutants sources and prepare quality models of water resources development projects for rivers, lakes, and reservoirs.
The major services provided in this field are:
- Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)
- Trans boundary and shared water management
- Developing Decision Support Systems (DSS)
- Groundwater comprehensive modeling and management systems
- Water resources conflict resolution
- Strengthening of stakeholders and local communities participation
- Policy making, institutional development, and capacity building
- Water quantity and quality modeling for rivers, lakes, and reservoirs
- Development and management of non-conventional water resources
- Design and implementation of quantity and quality monitoring networks
- Multi criteria decision making and optimization